maddur: Two photographers, who were cleaning their studio during Deepavali festival, were electrocuted displaying the name of the studio. The incident took place at Besagarahalli village in the taluk yesterday afternoon.
The deceased was identified as MR Vivek (42), son of couple Ramegowda and Jayalakshmamma from Maraliga village and GS Madhukumar (27), son of couple GK Shivanna and Annapoorna from Gejjalagere village in taluk.
Vivek and Madhukumar, after cleaning the Lakshmi photo studio in Besagarahalli village, were cleaning the name board of the studio and installing it when the metal name board came into contact with the power line, electrocuting them both .
Vivek has run the studio for about 15 years in the village and Madhukumar has worked in the studio for six to seven years.
Vivek leaves behind his wife, a son, a daughter and he was the sole breadwinner in his family.
The bodies were transferred to Mandya District Hospital, where an autopsy was performed and the bodies handed over to family members.
Inspector Mahesh and staff from Besagarahalli South Police Station drove the mahazar and registered a case.